Look at your home through the eyes of a burglar, if you can get in so can they!
Make it difficult for the burglar. Remember that insurance companies expect policy holders to maintain a minimum level of security to protect their premises.
When someone knocks at your door, can you identify who is there before you open the door? Protect yourself from those unwanted guests by fitted door viewers and chains.
Lock bumping is fast becoming a way of intruders entering your property unchallenged. Most burglaries can be prevented by taking a few simple precautions:
- A door viewer, bolt & chain can help to make your home more secure
- Fit strong locks to both front & back doors as well as windows
- Make sure door locks are kite-marked to BS standard ( 3621, 86219) An incorrect lock may invalidate any insurance claim you might make
- Fit five-lever mortice deadlocks for added security
- Do not leave keys in locks when leaving the house or going to bed